Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
Corizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
- Contributes to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Participates in the development and modification of a patient’s plan of care.
- Performs delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
- Provides direct basic care to assigned multiple clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provides safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
- Utilizes a problem-solving approach as the basis for their decision making.
- Performs other nursing duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
- Employees must be able to perform the following:
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally. Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able to perform BLS.
Location/Region: Williamsport, MD